Thursday, March 4, 2010

Playing Hookie

Right before we unloaded at the park I shout (Yes I had to shout because it was loud in there with all these kids. I LOVED IT THOUGH) "Hey kids look this way"~Of course Gracelyn is the only one who knows a photo is about to be taken and we take this serious in our house. I want faces people!!!!

Again I say look here guys and I only see one little smiley face. One nose picker, one ipod player and one dog scratcher. Reece would have smiled at me I am sure of it. He's obedient like that.


GUYS!!! LOOK AT ME!!! And low and behold I get faces turned my way. Still a nose picker and a disgruntled 3 year old but I did get a Clayton smile along with G still posing of course.Wednesday Gracelyn didn't have school because our school district allows all children who do not take the TAKS test to stay home. It was AWESOME to get a day to play hookie. I really felt like we were suppose to close the doors and make sure no one saw that we were all well (FINALLY). But alas we made the trek to the park with all the bikes loaded in the back along with an extra. Clayton is our neighbor who God blessed us with. He's G's age but he doesn't leave the little boys out. Best of both worlds. Anyways we were packed. I loved it. We rode and walked for a long time and then played a good bit as well.

Mason got a new Huffy for his birthday. He loves it and we love that he loves it so much. Of course I find it funny the manual is still attached with zip ties to the bike. Who knows it might stay that way now. I am pretty sure Cameron has bikes figured out and doesn't need to consult the manual. :thumbsup: He thinks he is pretty much a rock star on his bike. We do too!



I love this pointy chin. There is something about seeing Cannon's sweet face that just melts my heart. Each of my kids have physical attributes that I just fell in love with the moment I saw them. Cannon's was his chin. It is just sweet. I don't know another word for it. So sweet will work. And yes he is showing me a booger.

As Cameron and I were pushing Reece (asleep the whole time) around the park I came to realize that I am almost to the moment of completeness. It felt like the most natural thing to look up and see Gracelyn and 3 little boys following on their bikes all going at different speeds winding the walk. It was one of the most surreal moments in my life. Of course I went into the mode of when Gracelyn's 10 Reece will be Mason's age now and won't that be so different than now. After about the 4th scenario I threw out Cameron stopped me and said and when we are old the kids will be older. Okay smartie I get it. This is a mommy moment not shared by you. That's okay I'll blog about it. He is such a NOW person. What is going on NOW~so he didn't find the joy of what I was speaking of. Like I said it was a mommy moment for sure. I just loved it. I loved getting a small glimpse of our future. Of these boys playing and loving on each other with a girl's differentness (that is a word~I think) thrown into the mix. It was just a special gift from God for that hour and I took it and held it and put it away for safe keeping. I plan to dig it up when we are having an especially hard day of drama, toughness, attitudes and orneriness and relive this moment. Because as much as I am a one-day-at-a-time type of gal I love to dream and think of whens, what ifs, and maybes occasionally.

AND YES WE NEED TO WORK ON PUMPING THE LEGS IN THE SAME DIRECTION TO PICK UP SPEED!!!

1 comment: