Thursday, January 6, 2011

Settling in

The New Year has found us once again and I find myself reflecting on the past and anticipating the future. We lived a full year.  Wonderful memories were made.  Friendships were strengthened, faith was tested, kids were loved.  It was a good year.  What do I have on the horizon in front of me?  I am not sure but I know that just like 2010 there will be much living to do in 2011. 

The hugest task is settling into a new church family.  We will forever be connected to the families we shared life with over the past 22 months.  We were taught, challenged, strengthened and blessed.  God took the opportunity to mold a group of people into servants.  We were getting filled in a way that I refer to as ministry boot camp.  It wasn't perfect the entire duration and the flesh got in the way a few times but over the course of our time together we have learned.  Learned about people, learned about God, learned about ourselves.  We have become equipped to go out into the churches of Amarillo and spread the seeds that we collected. 

So the closing of our church isn't the end.  It is the continuation of LTM's hard work.  It is the continuation of our heart.  It is the continuation of the ministers that were uncovered.

It is sad yes.  Everything that comes to an end is sad to a degree for sure.  But it isn't over.  God's work is never over.  We are given an unique opportunity that most people don't get.  I wouldn't have predicted this opportunity 22 months ago, but I am so thankful for it. 

God is good...All the time! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Keri,

    You've been on my mind these last couple of weeks. It sounds like things are moving along for y'all. Thank you for your comment on my blog. I know it's been a while, but thank you, regardless. May you have a wonderful year.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree girl. We have all grown in so many ways. Thank you Lord for your patience, grace and love! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete