Monday, December 27, 2010

The perfect Christmas

I have a very bad habit of building something up in my head and being sorely disappointed when it doesn't pan out like I think it should.  I have grand ideas of traditions to uphold and memories to make.  Pictures to take, expressions to memorize.  But sadly I fail miserably every time I encounter an event that isn't quite what I had in my head.

BUT NOT THIS YEAR!!!

I made up my mind before hand that I would be content, not restless, happy with every moment.  And life did not disappoint.  There were PLENTY of things that could have really put a damper on the season but I didn't let it bother me. 

You see I love Christmas.  I mean love it!! I love the entire season between Halloween and New Years. The feel of love, spirit of giving, saying thanks, showing gratitude towards others, family and friends coming together.  I love every single busy, crazy moment.  I love the kid's Christmas parties.  I love shopping for the perfect gift to spoil my loved ones.  I love the stories we listen to to help us remember the reason we are celebrating this day.  I love the tiny baby Jesus' that give me butterflies when I look at Nativity scenes.  I love the thought of making my kid's imagination work over time for a few weeks. 

This year there were several things that could have made me sad and disappointed.  I could list them all and allow you all to really see how much you should feel sorry for me!  But suffice it to say that even though it didn't turn out to be a perfectly sequenced Christmas week it was perfectly wonderful!!

I think I kinda go into a funk the first few days after Christmas but this year I am looking forward to the new year and new opportunities that are headed our way. 

I took way too many pictures to narrow them down enough to post of our perfectly wonderful Christmas celebrations but just close your eyes and think of something incredibly perfect.  That my blog readers is what our Christmas was all about!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it was perfect for you and your family! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete