Wednesday, April 14, 2010

small victories

3 months ago I reached into the darkness of the back of my closet, and tried on a handful of my favorite items. I quickly realized that I am NO WHERE near pre-pregnancy weight/size/form. So fast forward 3 months to today and I did it all again. Well lets just say there was a minor success. I say minor because none of the tops fit (nursing does that to mommas.) But really I was more interested in the pants, capris and shorts that have been waiting ever so patiently to see sunlight. The first 5 items didn't make it over the thighs. NICE...just keeping it real folks. BUT then came the coveted Gap jeans that I have had for about 5 years. They are worn and just perfect. I know I was setting myself up but I just had to see. Low and behold they fit. Well, fit is a relative term right? They buttoned. Who cares if I had to lay down to zip them? Who cares if the muffin top was beyond outrageous? Who cares if the circulation to my thighs was compromised? Who cares if sitting down hurt my tummy so much I desperately wanted to pop that top button for a few glorious seconds? (I may or may not have done this while driving.) So for 3 hours I tortured my bottom half because I had to think that the hard work I have been doing is paying off. I don't ask for much really.

I gladly came home and found my elastic standbys and have been comfortably happy ever since. Small steps people, small steps.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, small success is still success right? I'm proud of you, and you look great no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I resort to my elastic sweats EVERY night.... And my baby is 6!! Loved visiting with you the other day~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are lookin good momma! Rejoicing in the small steps leads to bigger & bigger accomplishments...I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete