Tuesday, November 2, 2010

October recap...

It was full of FAMILY time. We are getting to the time of year where Cameron is home earlier and not working 6-7 days a week. (It has been a long season!) So we are slowly working ourselves into a more regular routine of being a family of 6! I love FALL!


All of these pictures are from my phone so they are really random! :)

At Jack's birthday party! He's 5 now-time is passing too quickly!Amy and I took a little vacation to Cuchara, CO. It was so much fun and you might remember we posting about our summer trip here. Our purpose (or rather her purpose) was to photograph the fall foliage. Well we missed it just a tad. It snowed up there while we were driving. It was just beautiful the next morning but then the sun came out. That day we actually drove LOTS and got beautiful pictures.
I use the term we loosely.
I sat in the car A LOT and played Words With Friends. Look me up-I'm 5299keri.
Amy photographed A LOT! I can't show all the pictures here but soon I will share a special picture taking escapade we went on. Like I said I was her 2nd shooter, without the camera, experience, or knowledge of what I was doing, or any idea of terms. Basically I just held her lenses. I was good at it.

Brrr...looks cold Amy! Thanks for leaving the car on for me. I was nice and toasty.
We got a new(to us) dishwasher and Cameron had a great helper with the install.

On to Halloween. The only thing we do for holiday is dress up. I don't decorate the house, I don't fret over costumes, I don't make a big deal of all the spiritual implications upon my children. I let them dress up and we get candy for it. Simple as that. It could be as random as a Tuesday evening to our family. Like I said it is simple for our family and not something that gets much face time in the whole scheme of things. In fact, the day before is usually when I am asking what kids want to be for Halloween. We search for the dress-up accessories and go from there. :)

Reece was a Lion (which actually was Mason's first costume but really came from here) and his little buddy Jett was a Tree Frog. They stared at each other and I am sure thought, "Humph! Your mom got you too?"

Gracelyn was a Sassy Sailor (don't forget the Sassy part!) Mason was a Rescue Hero Police Officer and Cannon was Batman again

And here's my giggly lion again. He laughed and laughed when we put the hood on. Isn't he cute?

I had great visions of us sitting around the pumpkin digging and carving and marveling at our work. After 10 minutes I knew better and ended up carving a pumpkin to my liking because the little turkeys had lost interest. So I sat by myself digging, carving and marveling at my handy work.

Some friends gave us some clothes for the boys and we were going through them this morning. Cannon wanted to try some on. When I got him all tucked in and belted up. He struck this pose. He thought he was hot stuff for sure! He looks so much like Tyler to me!

1 comment:

  1. You were an AWESOME lens holder, couldn't have done it without you!! LOL!!! Love the picture of Cannon-he is such a ham!!! And, I'm so glad Reece liked the lion more than Jack Jack-thats so sweet!

    ReplyDelete