Monday, February 15, 2010

Hanging out

When I was in high school "hanging out" got a whole new meaning. It meant there was usually food, talking (about boys), confessions, laughter, tears and more food. It was great. I won't usually confess to high school being that great, but the hanging out part was the highlight for sure.

As we grow older the term hanging out falls by the wayside and we adopt new terms such as mommy groups, women's group, prayer group, girl's night out, play dates, friend date, etc... but the topics never change. Confessions, laughter, tears, food and more food usually are on the agenda.

I love it and have had the opportunity to do this a little more than normal lately. It has been great getting with friends who have been there forever and people who are really more than friends in my book. My most favorite thing about my friends is watching them love my kids in a way that makes me love them even more. The best way to my heart is to be kind to my babies.

God is so good in providing these type of friends in my life. I am beyond blessed!

What is the one thing that you love about your girlfriends?

1 comment:

  1. Laughing! And bonding...knowing there's someone else in the same boat as you. Having someone that doesn't think you are crazy, just as normal as she is-that's great!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete