Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Around the time I left off.

There is no way I can go back over each even that happened this summer but I will try to do a little catching up for my own sake. (note to self~NEVER let 4 months pass on your blog again!!)

Cameron's business is ever changing and growing. He evaluated each year things that will make the next season more productive and lucrative. It is a never ending cycle that at times can be frustrating but in the end it is something I really admire about him. He just wants the best for us and if he is constantly investing time and energy in the business then the outcome is better and better. One of those changes was getting a box truck to house all his equipment instead of trailers. We have GREAT plans for this truck. 1. We no longer require a shop to house anything other than his mustang. Which in the GRAND scheme of things is huge. There aren't many houses in town that have shops that we can afford so if we can have a truck to house the equipment then we don't need the shop we currently have. We aren't looking to move this month or even this year but it will happen eventually. I don't know when but we both desire more space and different features than what our current house provides. 2. Cameron will be able to advertise mobiley without having to pay a monthly fee on anything. The yellow pages are OUTRAGEOUS. Did you know that? Trust me they are! Any advertising is over the top expensive actually. Eventually there will be paintings/wraps on his box truck. He is open for spaces to advertise for other companies as well so if you know anyone that is interested send them his way! 3. His workers won't have to use their own truck. Cameron compensates them for their personal truck use but he also knows it is hard work on a truck to haul around a trailer all over town so this way his guys aren't putting useless miles on their personal trucks and can just use this. 4. People think they are getting a delivery when really they are getting their lawn mowed. (this made me chuckle because I would totally think the same thing)

So here you have the box truck story. Next time you see it it will be newly painted/wrapped and sporting all kinds of fun graphics.This is just a random picture of my 3rd child and his super happy mommy!! Mason puts smiles on my face daily. I need to revisit this picture often because right now we are on the downhill side of the "Terrifying Threes". If anyone ever tries to mention the "Terrible Twos" they have no idea what they are talking about. Give me a two-year-old any day over a child in the middle of age 3! But alas I think I can call it as almost over. We have just 3 1/2 months until the magical age of 4. I love 4! I mean really love it. I don't know if it is really because 4-year-olds are all that special or if I am just living on a high of making it through the past year. Either way I love age 4! Gracelyn and Cannon woke up on their 4th birthdays totally transformed. I am ready!!!
July 4th we went to Plainview to visit my Dad's brother and family. After getting in the car extra late for the drive home I immediately started wondering why we don't see them more often. I know why really, because we don't MAKE time. It is that simple. We let time pass until months become years and then when we gather again we soak up all the fun and enjoyment and let it rest on our souls. We think it will carry us until next time and it never does. We think we are too busy but we never are. We think that we we will get together more often but we never do. Such a shame really. I didn't get one single picture of my Aunt and Uncle but when this fella came out (dragged was more like it) of hiding you can bet your booty I was taking a picture. He was huge! I bet he weighed at least 40 lbs. I picked up Mason, 37lbs, and then the cat and they were really similar. Of course a cat holds himself differently than a child. So who actually knows but seriously I have never seen a cat this fat before!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously...3 1/2 is by far the hardest so far. Oh my! I keep hearing how great 4 is. We're just 2 months away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY Moses that cat is HUGE!!!!!

    I love my weekly "deliveries" from PLS...always throws me for a loop! Can't wait to see the advertising!

    ReplyDelete