Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Our Birthday Monkey

Be prepared. There will be TONS of pictures.


What a fun party we had for sweet Reece. He turned 1 on the 6th and there was just so much anticipation and excitement in the air. Monkeys was the theme and not really jungle monkeys but more sock money/traditional monkeys were used. I loved it because it reminded me of his room (that he shares with his brothers) and just his personality. He is a mover and shaker and all around monkey boy! I will put this out there that I should have just hired Amy to plan the whole thing because seriously this party wouldn't have been 1/2 as cute if it were left up to my own devices. She did so much and I appreciate her tremendously

Each table was decorated with photos that Amy had taken of Reece and balloons.

The grandparent corner! :) It was so fun to have them all there!

Reece was so distracted by the commotion of big kids around him. He couldn't stay focused on his cookie and candle!

Lily is making sure Reece likes his cookie! :) Reece's shirt was made by a friend's sister that I haven't ever met but I feel like I know. Shannon has a online site that you can go check out. The coolest thing about working with Shannon was that she was so nice and just knew what I wanted. I wanted monkey~check, cute~check and his name~check. I was so pleased with how it turned out!!

Oh Lily!! What can I say about this girl?? I think she loves me almost as much as I love her!

Ashlyn, such a sweetie with the best hugs!

Miss Marlee. Always full of something to tell me!

Baby Joseph~when do you stop calling a child Baby? He will be 2 in 2 months but he is still called Baby Joseph by just about everyone.

Baby Joseph's sister Alexis. Cannon used to call her Sexy. He worked so hard at Alexis and it came out Sexy every time. How we first caught on was one time he was talking about Ms. Jill and said Sexy's mom...

When I asked to take her picture he quickly stopped playing and did her head tilt. I remember the day when Gracelyn picked up this little pose. It is adorable.

Jordyn~A.K.A. the new big sister. She has a new baby at her house that is about 5 weeks old I believe. Alyssa is a mini Jordyn. So of course she is going to be just beautiful.

Ahh...Nathan I got you!!! You only thought you evaded the camera!

Gracelyn and Macy

Kennedi~She is waiting for her baby brother from Russia! We are all on the edge of our seats in anticipation of the arrival of Baby Boy Rawlins. Go check out their journey here.

Lainee Lou~Which isn't her name at all. She is a Lainee Mae just like Gracelyn but for some reason Lainee Lou came out one day and it stuck. I sure hope she doesn't mind Teresa!!! Cameron calls her Laineebug. What ever name she goes by she is simply precious in our eyes.

I thought I turned this photo around but apparently not. This is mischief 1 and mischief 2!!! Two peas in a pod these two. Maggie is one of my favorites!

Ava Cakes. This is one girl who loves her momma! I don't blame her I do too!

This sock monkey was a hit! Reece hugged him right away. And now he sleeps with him. I only push the cute lovies on him!

My kids should take lessons from me while taking photos. I am almost falling off a squishy cube. I mean squishy!!! It couldn't be because I was too big for it at all or anything. But still I am looking up and smiling. The boys just had to sit there and still managed to make silly faces or turn their head. Sheeesh!!!

All in all a GREAT party. I loved working on his party and all the details. It was a fairly cheap event but turned out great!

Dear Reece,

My sweet baby boy. You bring so much life to our family. Daddy and I look at you every single day and can't believe you are so sweet and ours. We find ourselves constantly telling each other how much we love you. We are positive your older brothers and sister have taught us this love. You have added so much personality to our lives and we are so grateful. This past year has been one of much appreciation and love for our kids. You have taught us to slow down and enjoy the moment. I have tried to soak up every single second of your babyhood. Things that were the same between you and your siblings is that you came out looking just like daddy. BUT the red hair was certainly a wonderful surprise. I love it and hope it never changes. It is a unique trademark to set you apart from the rest. Your sleeping habits mimic Mason's (I'm not impressed) but your eating habits are all your own. At a year you weigh 19.2lbs and are 30 inches tall. You nursed for 1 year and 4 days. Quite the accomplishment if I do say so myself. I am proud of both of us little man. I love how you lay your head on our shoulder and although you don't pat us you give up hugs and your kisses are super sweet.

Love you more each day,

Momma

1 comment:

  1. I love that Cannon called her "sexy"!!! That makes me giggle!! It'll be a good laugh in the years to come...and for the record, I am just good at copying ideas!! You girl are the creative one, especially when it comes to birthday parties!

    ReplyDelete