Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Running and no one was chasing me!

Yep I ran without anyone chasing me. I wasn't trying to get away from a water hose, booger, or the resident tickle monster (Cameron). I signed up for a RACE!

I will wait for a moment while you gather yourself. It is awe inspiring isn't it??

Mason's school hosts a HUGE carnival each year and one of the events to help raise money during this shindig is a family fun run 1 mile and 5K. Yes, I am fully aware that we could have done the 1 mile. In fact I pondered that BUT NO!!! We went all out and signed up for the 5K. So on purpose I paid money to get up early on a Sat. morning and be chilled to run without being chased.

This girl made me do it. Peer pressure sucks.

And at this moment I thought surely I would die. I had lived a good life...
I won't lie and say it was fun or even enjoyable but we finished. With a few people behind us even. Although I was a little sore that a little pipsqueak of about 7 passed us. But the rumor is she had been training. HARDCORE, or something like that. Did I mention that we hadn't run in quite a while? Well I ran the Monday before the race for a little bit but who am I kidding it wasn't anything like running outside!! And there were hills. Oh wait we live in Amarillo, there are no hills. But there was traffic. Oh wait there were cones and cars to block people off (except for that one lady who got extra close to me...I was hoping she would hit me so that I would be put out of my misery). But there was... oh forget it. It was brutal. BRUTAL I tell you. But like I said we finished. I got a t-shirt. I wore it proudly and promptly got Italian sauce on it. But I'll still wear it proudly.

I Keri Melban ran a 5K on October 9th, 2010. And word is I might do it again!

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!! I look up to you. I admire you. And I don't plan on following in your inspiring footsteps. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like childbirth...I don't remember the pain, only the good parts...and WE'LL do it again!!! Heehee!!!!

    ReplyDelete