Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tri-State Fair 2010

Do you have those traditions that you set in place YEARS ago that you didn't really know would be a tradition or annual event but developed into one? We also have a few sporadic events that I wanted so bad to become reoccurring things but it just never panned out. Like pumpkin patches. My kids have wondered patches and gathered their own pumpkins off the vine. At that moment I could have sworn that I would fulfill this desire of mine annually no matter what. Guess where our pumpkins came from last year? Wal-Mart! Yep the grocery store pumpkins were not only cheaper but cleaner, more convenient and easy!

But one tradition that has STUCK is a fair trip. I don't like the fair after 2:00pm. In fact my kids have NEVER ridden a ride at our fair. They have at carnivals like Dogie Days but I generally stay away and never mention rides at fairs or carnivals for the most part. We go for the exhibits, petting zoo and food. Boy do I sound old! I load up the kiddies along with the Ramsey crew and we eat, pet animals, walk in all sorts of weather from one building to another. This year was no exception.

I mostly took pictures of the petting zoo BUT there was so much more to be seen. It is the story of my life when I am in the moment I am soaking it all up and the last thing on my radar is taking pictures. I think I am too reliant on other people's pictures. I need to change this habit of mine.
I loved this guy. I think his eyes were so sweet!

1 comment:

  1. We were very brave...look at all those kids! We had 6 kids 5 and under at the fair! HA!! And no one got lost!

    Love the camel...his eyelashes are almost as long as Reece's. :o)

    ReplyDelete