Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Turning into a big boy

Cannon is 5!! Can you believe it? I sure can't . Grace and Cannon's birthdays are only 2 weeks apart so we barely are able to come off the birthday high from one child before we start on it with another.

For MONTHS Cannon has expressed his desire to go to the beach for his birthday. Well it wasn't happening because honestly the beach is about 19-22 hours from here. And there was no way I was going to just hope in the car to fulfill his desire when surely I could come up with something to satisfy him right??? Well this year it was hard but we did it! I did something that went against every mommy code in my head. We went to the beach. Greenbelt Lake's Sandy Beach.
I have not one single physical picture of this trip but I have tons in my head. It was the absolute best thing our family could have done for him.

I didn't step foot in a party store, order a cake, ponder over balloons, wonder how many little friends were going to show up. I just fulfilled my little boy's wish of going to the beach. I dealt with the guilt of course because planning parties is very much who I am. I really get into them. Gracelyn's first 3 were productions that I am mighty proud of. As the years have passed I have slacked or let some aspects go to a degree because of cost, reality, and my children's desires but for the most part every child has had a party with attention solely focusing on them for the day.

Saying all that it was truly my favorite day with Cannon. He loved floating in his life jacket and just being in a space that was bigger than he could imagine. We played in the sand, built sand castles/figures, floated for hours, splashed and did tons of jumps off daddy's shoulders. No one was ready to leave but alas all good parties must come to an end.

Here are a few pictures of Cannon this summer. He got a new bike for his birthday and couldn't wait to show it off.He seriously has the most angelic face I've ever seen.

Dear Cannon,

Your sweetness is greatly appreciated. Although at times we wonder if you will ever get "tough" secretly I love your gentleness and sensitivity. You are going to make a wonderful husband because you are so in tune with other people's emotions. You genuinely care how people feel and if they are happy. You tell us a million times a day that you love us and in turn I just can't help but kiss all over your sweet face and return the sentiments. You are such the snuggler and I pray that never goes away. I love how you love your daddy but you have gotten a little more attached to me. You are always up for a car ride and ask a million questions that keep us on our toes. You are VERY smart and although your speech wouldn't show it at times your words are thought out and precise. We love your stories and wish we could understand 100% of what you tell us. We are getting there sweet boy!

Love you to heaven and back,

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment